27 Nov 50hour Restorative Yoga Teacher Training at Glow Yoga Studio
Glow Yoga Studio and David Good are excited to share their love for Restorative Yoga and offer a 50 hour teacher training.
35 hours in studio and 15 hours of home practice.
What is Restorative Yoga?
The practice of Restorative yoga refers to supported postures that are held for varied lengths of time to allow the body to relax and the nervous system to move towards homeostasis, the body’s natural resting phase!
How does Restorative Yoga work?
When our body achieves this stableness we activate our Parasympathetic Nervous System which is known as the “rest and digest” nervous system. The contrast is the Sympathetic Nervous System which is our “fight or flight” nervous system.
Restorative Yoga also helps us release our Fascial System (the shrink wrap of our body). Teachers like Tom Myers and Doug Keller, say this system is the closest thing to prana. When we stay supported in these poses our body responds by a release, also known as a drop into the poses. This drop is our fascial system letting go of tension and stresses on our bodies. The emotional body feels safe enough to let go as well.
The practice of Restorative Yoga teaches us to inhabit our body. It is a practice of mindfulness. We also learn how to “heal thy self”which is very empowering. Restorative Yoga may help in the treatment of insomnia, hypertension, anxiety brought on by every day stresses. It can also help specific ailments such as headaches and infertility.
This program consists of two intensive weekends over January 23, 24 and 25 and January 30,31,and February 1st, 2015.
Can anyone take this training?
Yes. This training is perfect for anyone looking to free themselves from the trap of stress in their lives. Its also perfect for yoga teachers looking to add another tool to their yoga tool belt and professional who treat clients with stress related aliments.
What will I learn during this RYTT?
• You will learn 25 poses and what props you need to support them. Also how to modify is you don’t have a lot of props.
• You will learn how to sequence poses for specific needs.
• You will learn how to create a theme, make an environment conducent to healing and what props you will need to start teaching.
• You will learn how to look for agitation and what to do to adjust someone into a more comfortable pose.
• You will learn the therapeutic effects of the poses.
• You will learn about the emotional benefits of the postures and how to explain that to your clients/students.
• You will learn how to heal thy self and how to empower others to heal themselves.
• You will learn the five building blocks of restorative practice.
• You will leave with sample practices to practice and teach.
• You will have lots of in class practice and lots room for questions.
• A final online exam.
• Taking a total of four restorative classes between or after weekend intensives.
• Home work assignments of making up four different sequences and what their therapeutic benefits are.
Friday, January 23rd – 6pm-9pm; Saturday, January 24th – 9am-4pm; Sunday, January 25th – 9am-4pm
Friday, January 30th – 6pm-9pm; Saturday, January 31st – 9am-3pm; Sunday, February 1st – 9am-3pm